By providing oral cancer screenings at nearly every six-month visit, our dentists and team are helping patients lead healthy lives. This preventive treatment has been vital and monumental in catching abnormalities early on, making treatment success more likely.
Unfortunately, many individuals put off preventive dental care because they feel healthy or do not recognize the signs of oral cancer. This means that when it is finally caught, it is often at an advanced, life-threatening stage. For this reason, we strongly encourage our patients to prioritize getting oral cancer screenings in Katy, Texas.
Common symptoms of oral cancer that Dr. Jeffrey Chung and associates check for include:
- Persistent sore throat or feeling that something is caught in the throat
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- A persistent sore on the face, neck or mouth that bleeds easily and doesn’t heal within two weeks
- Unexplained loss of feeling, pain or numbness
- Ear pain
- Lumps, bumps or rough spots on the gums, lips or mouth
- Red, white or speckled patches in the mouth
- Difficulty chewing, speaking or swallowing
- Changes in the way your teeth or dentures fit together
Although these symptoms can be indicative of oral abnormalities, the list above is incomplete and is not a diagnosis of any oral conditions. To schedule a visit to Serenity Dental or learn more about oral cancer screenings, please call 281-310-1417 today!